This is a great marinade for beef. I typically use it for beef tenderloin or london broil flank steak. I’m sure it could be used for sirloin or striploin steaks as well, but I prefer my steaks sans marinade.
- 2 Tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried summer savory
- 1 Tbsp water
- These amounts make enough marinade for 1-2 lbs of beef
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, summer savory, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour marinade into a large ziplock bag
- Add beef to the bag and mix well to make sure the beef is well covered by marinade
- Chill in refrigerator for as long as you can. (1 hour to 1-2 days)