I love Twitter.
Although it can be noisy and overwhelming at times, I’m on Twitter all day long. It’s a big part of both my personal and professional life.
Lately, Twitter has been under fire from Wall Street because they’re struggling to attract new users to the platform. Although I know many fellow Twitter addicts, I also know an equal number of people who have absolutely no interest in it.
I can understand why they have no interest. It does indeed take some effort to learn, and a fair amount of discipline to keep it organized, but you can get a TON of value out of Twitter if you do it right.
I’m sure I’ll add more to this list over time, but as of today, here are the top 41 reasons why I love Twitter…
- Get the latest news
- Follow live events
- Make new connections
- Strengthen existing relationships
- Stay in touch with old friends
- Develop new skills
- Build referral relationships
- Generate sales opportunities
- Community management
- Competitor research
- Build your personal brand
- Build your business brand
- Foster customer loyalty
- Enable employee advocacy
- Follow politics
- Learn what’s happening in your city, your province/state, your country
- Be inspired
- Get motivated
- Get healthy
- Pursue your hobbies
- Discover new music
- Discover new books
- Discover new recipes
- Discover new podcasts
- Watch jaw-dropping GoPro videos of crazy extreme athletes
- Interact with people live-streaming their POV
- Follow celebrity antics
- Hear the latest buzz about movies or TV
- Keep in touch with the latest in technology and gadgets
- Feast your eyes on incredible photography
- Experience other cultures
- Be sarcastic
- Be clever
- Be kind
- Be happy
- Be helpful
How about you? What are your favourite reasons for using Twitter?
If I missed any good ones, please let me know in the comments!
Update: Feb. 23rd, 1:47pm
LOL! My Mom just emailed me to say that I forgot to add “procrastinate” to the list. So true! #busted